Bachelor of Library & Information Science
Bachelor of Library and Information Science or B.Lib.Sc is a 1-year(two-semester) degree awarded to students who excel in Library Science. Library Science is an act of managing, maintaining, and preserving information using sources of information technology and education. Bachelors of Library and Information Science(BLISc) was started in 1990-91 session.
- 1 - Knowledge Processing Basics
- 2 - Subject Cataloguing
- 3 - Library of Congress Subject Heading(LCSH)
- 4 - Sears List of Subject Heading
- 5 - Subject Cataloguing by Chain Procedure
- 6 - Cataloguing Policies and Standards
- 7 - Organization of Cataloguing Department
- 8 - Centralized and Co-operative Cataloguing
- 9 - Union Catalogue – layout, compilation, available services;
- 10 - Limited and selective cataloguing.