Year of Establishment: 1990
- Development of Skilled Manpower.
- Development of ICT equipped hybrid information professionals.
- To Act as Information Hub in North Bengal.
- To extend social capital by harnessing knowledge capital and intellectual capital for elevating information equity.
- Introduction of BLISc course was in 1990
- Introduction of Master in Library and Information Science in 2005.
- Syllabi of all the courses are regularly revised and updated in consultation with various stakeholders.
- Latest revision of syllabi has been conducted during Academic Session 2017-18.
- Choice bases Credit System (CBCS) in all semesters all the Courses.
- Class Room Learning • Group Discussion • Case Studies • Project Work • Activity Based Learning • Presentations • Assignments • Special Lectures • Library Visits • Special Lectures
2008 : Content development for information society, Invited Speakers – Prof. Pijush Kanti Panigrahi, Department of LIS, University of Calcutta & Prof. Durga Sankar Rath, Department of LIS, Vidyasagar University.
2009: Information in the super high way: Librarians at the crossroad, Invited Speaker – Prof. Bhubaneswar Chakraborty, Department of LIS, University of Calcutta.
2009:Convention on Implementation of LIS education in undergraduate level, Conceptualized and acted as an Intruder Prof. Biplab Chakraborty Department of LIS, University of Calcutta.
2011: National Seminar on Implementation of ICT in Libraries & Information Centers (NaSIILIC ), Invited Speaker-Prof. Durga Sankar Rath, Department of LIS, Vidyasagar University.
2013:Changing Paradigm of Information Society, Invited Speaker -Prof. Masoom Raja, Department of LIS, NEHU.
2014: Recent Trends in Information & Knowledge Management, Invited Speaker-Prof, Rajani Kanta Barman, Department of LIS, Guwahati University, Assam.