Our faculties are hardworking, professionally sound and adept in inculcating critical thinking of the students.
Ours are the most recent and advanced syllabus having parity with the International Standard.
We believe in participatory learning. Apart from traditional talk and talk method we do learn too from our students and help them to learn the objectives of Invisible College
Year of Establishment: 1990
- Introduction of BLISc course was in 1990
- Introduction of Master in Library and Information Science in 2005.
- Syllabi of all the courses are regularly revised and updated in consultation with various stakeholders.
- Latest revision of syllabi has been conducted during Academic Session 2017-18.
- Choice bases Credit System (CBCS) in all semesters all the Courses.
- Class Room Learning • Group Discussion • Case Studies • Project Work • Activity Based Learning • Presentations • Assignments • Special Lectures • Library Visits • Special Lectures
2008 : Content development for information society, Invited Speakers – Prof. Pijush Kanti Panigrahi, Department of LIS, University of Calcutta & Prof. Durga Sankar Rath, Department of LIS, Vidyasagar University.
2009: Information in the super high way: Librarians at the crossroad, Invited Speaker – Prof. Bhubaneswar Chakraborty, Department of LIS, University of Calcutta.
2009:Convention on Implementation of LIS education in undergraduate level, Conceptualized and acted as an Intruder Prof. Biplab Chakraborty Department of LIS, University of Calcutta.
2011: National Seminar on Implementation of ICT in Libraries & Information Centers (NaSIILIC ), Invited Speaker-Prof. Durga Sankar Rath, Department of LIS, Vidyasagar University.
2013:Changing Paradigm of Information Society, Invited Speaker -Prof. Masoom Raja, Department of LIS, NEHU.
2014: Recent Trends in Information & Knowledge Management, Invited Speaker-Prof, Rajani Kanta Barman, Department of LIS, Guwahati University, Assam.